The Perfect Battery for Your Laptop on the Go
Always on the go? No more worries about running out of battery power! You can power your laptop with this 4-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery from Dell With a capacity of up to 40WHr, the battery lets your laptop work seamlessly when you are on the move.
- Genuine Dell-branded parts undergo rigorous testing by qualified engineers to ensure compatibility and reliability in your Dell system
- Our sustaining qualification process allows for testing and certification of the newest technology on your Dell system.
- Genuine Dell-branded parts mean that you will not need to worry about voiding your system’s hardware warranty.
- Non-Dell parts are not covered and may void your system warranty
How to Increase Laptop Battery Life
Check Your Laptop Battery Health
Laptop Battery Myths
How to Fix Laptop Battery DELL
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the guidelines for handling and replacing the battery on Dell laptop?
Like most laptops, Dell laptops use lithium-ion batteries. One type of lithium-ion battery is the lithium-ion polymer battery. Lithium-ion polymer batteries have increased in popularity in recent years and have become standard in the electronics industry due to customer preferences for a slim form factor (especially with newer ultra-thin laptops) and long battery life. Inherent to lithium-ion polymer battery technology is the potential for swelling of the battery cells.
Swollen battery may impact the performance of the laptop. To prevent possible further damage to the device enclosure or internal components leading to malfunction, discontinue the use of the laptop and discharge it by disconnecting the AC adapter and letting the battery drain.
- Exercise caution when handling Lithium-ion batteries.
- Discharge the battery before removing it from the system.To discharge the battery, unplug AC adapter from the system and operate the system only on battery power.When the system will no longer power on when the power button is pressed, the battery is discharged.
- Do not crush, drop, mutilate, or penetrate the battery with foreign objects.
- Do not expose the battery to high temperatures, or disassemble battery packs and cells.
- Do not apply pressure to the surface of the battery.
- Do not bend the battery.
- Do not use tools of any kind to pry on or against the battery.
- If a battery gets stuck in a device as a result of swelling, do not try to free it as puncturing, bending, or crushing a battery can be dangerous.
Using a non-Dell or incompatible battery may increase the risk of fire or explosion. Replace the battery only with a compatible battery purchased from Dell that is designed to work with your Dell computer. Do not use a battery from other computers with your computer.
What are the recommended guidelines for storing a Dell battery over a long period of time?
When storing for more than 4 days these guidelines can better preserve the life of your battery:
- Do not store batteries for long periods plugged into or attached to any power source. This includes AC adapters, and laptop security carts plugged into an outlet.
- Laptop batteries, including those stored in laptop systems, should maintain an Operational Storage Temperature of 0° to 35°C (32° to 95°F).
- Batteries may be stored in the laptop or outside of the laptop.
- Charge batteries before storing. The recommended charging time should not exceed 1 hour. Typically, this should charge the battery to between 80% and 100%.
How long does a Dell laptop battery last ? When should i consider Replacing the Battery ?
All rechargeable batteries wear out with time and usage. As time and cumulative use increase, the performance will degrade.
For the typical user, noticeable reduction in run time generally will be observed after 18 to 24 months. For a power user, reduction in run time generally may be experienced within 18 months. We recommend buying a new Dell laptop battery when the run time does not meet your needs.
How to charge a Dell battery and how long does it take to fully recharge?
The battery charges in the laptop when the laptop is connected to a power source using the AC adapter. The charge time varies depending on the laptop. If the laptop supports ExpressCharge, the battery typically will have greater than 80% charge after about an hour of charging, and fully charge in about 2 hours with the laptop powered off.
Can a Dell battery be "overcharged"?
No, Dell laptops are designed to stop charging the battery when it reaches full charge. Once the battery is fully charged, the Dell laptop will continue to use power from the AC adapter.
How to install a Dell battery on a Dell laptop?
On most Dell laptops, the battery can be installed and/or removed easily. However, many of the newer laptops are designed using non-removable batteries. Such non-removable batteries should be installed and/or removed by Dell authorized technicians only.
How to install a third-party or non Dell battery on a Dell laptop?
Dell has a rigorous qualification process by which all Dell batteries are validated to ensure proper functionality, performance, and safety. Dell strongly recommends using a compatible Dell battery that is purchased from Dell that is designed to work with your Dell laptop.
Some third-party or non-Dell batteries are available in the market with claims of compatibility with Dell laptops. Dell cannot verify these claims, nor the safety of using them on a Dell laptop.
Dell laptop batteries come with a 1-year warranty, are engineered for optimal safety and performance with a compatible Dell laptop, and are supported by Dell Technical Support for the length of the warranty period.
How to choose between two batteries with different Watt Hours (WH)?
A battery with higher Watt hours (Wh) on the same system under the same operating conditions will generally have a longer run time. For example, if you compare the same system, running the same applications, the 53Wh battery would provide approximately 65% more run time than the 32Wh battery.
How to check the warranty status of a Dell battery?
Batteries are considered consumable items, all batteries degrade with time and use. The warranty is very similar to common auto warranties which exclude consumable items such as tires. Dell provides separate warranties on its batteries.
Why does a Dell battery have a different warranty period than the Dell laptop?
Dell provides a standard one-year warranty on Dell batteries. Batteries are a consumable item and battery performance reduces over time and use. The warranty is similar to common auto warranties, which exclude consumable items such as tires.
What is Express charg?
A Dell laptop advertised as having the ExpressCharge feature, the battery typically will have greater than 80% charge after about an hour of charging and fully charged in about 2 hours with the laptop powered off.
|Product Type||Laptop Battery|
|Battery Type||Lithium-ion Battery|
|Number of Cell||6 Cells|
|Compatible models||Dell Latitude E6120,E6220,E6230,E6320,E6330,E6430S models|
|Compatible Part Numbers||09K6P,0F7W7V,11HYV,3W2YX,5X317,7FF1K,7M0N5,823F9,9GXD5,9P0W6,CPXG0,CWTM0,F33MF,F7W7V,FHHVX,FN3PT,FRROG,GYKF8,HGKH0,HJ474,J79X4,JN0C3,K4CP5,K94X6,KFHT8|
|Package Contents||Dell Lithium-ion Battery|
|Country of origin||China|